In this episode I actually got to host a live interview during the Podcast Movement conference with Katie Krimitsos, the founder of Biz Women Rock!. Katie specializes in group and 1:1 coaching to help female entrepreneurs build businesses that will enable them to have the freedom to design their own lifestyles. She is the voice behind the Biz Women Rock! podcast and the Facebook group of the same name.
“I fell in love with the idea that any individual could create this thing called a business that could really be the ticket to the freedom to design the life we really want.”
– Katie Krimitsos
- As a society we tend to think you can’t make money from creative pursuits, but to Katie this is all a mindset issue.
- Find three people who do what YOU want to do, so that you can see that it is possible to make money that way.
- Katie fell in love with entrepreneurship while working with her husband in an organization called the Tampa Bay Business Owners.
- In 2014 she decided to start a podcast to shine a light on female business owners so we can all share the journey together.
- Katie’s coaching and her academy all grew out of the podcast.
- You don’t have to be more than a few steps ahead of the people you’re trying to serve in order to be helpful to them.
- The key obstacle to a lot of business owners is that they don’t have the confidence to believe in themselves.
- Katie journals every morning to help her stay in tune with gratitude and visioning.
- She often chooses a future date and writes about what could happen by then to make herself proactive in her own life.
- Katie uses her journaling to give her ideas for new content to create for her audience.
- Feeling discouraged or down? Use affirmations to help you “fake it ‘til you make it.”
- Everything doesn’t have to be perfect; you don’t have to know everything before you begin. Just experiment!
- When you start to feel overwhelmed and you feel like your business is running you, it’s time to go back to your WHY.
Mentioned in this episode:
Voxer voice messaging app
Zoom video conferencing
Learn more about Katie and Biz Women Rock!:
The Academy: BizWomenRock.com/Academy
The Podcast: Biz WomenRock.com/category/podcast
Facebook group: BizWomenRock.com/Group
MOVE THE NEEDLE ON YOUR KNIT BIZ!
Click here to sign up for a free 30-minute creative business strategy session with Kara!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links in this episode are affiliate links. I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase and there is no additional cost for you to do so. When I make a recommendation, it is because I have personal experience with these products and have used them myself. I only recommend products I believe in and suggest them because I know they will be helpful, not because of the small commission I make if you decide to make a purchase. The commission I earn helps offset the production expenses that I incur to produce Power Purls, and by purchasing products through these links, also helps you to become a supporter of this podcast and for that, I am truly grateful.