In this episode, Kara chit chats with Tabetha Hedrick, Design Director of Sweet Georgia Yarns, and Contributing Editor of Creative Knitting Magazine. Tabetha is also Kara’s sidekick in crime co-host of the Ask Kara & Tabetha Anything series. In this episode, we share details about the upcoming Stitchucation Shawls 5-Day Challenge and Workshop starting April 10, 2017, sponsored by Sweet Georgia Yarns.
In the extended, patron only version, you’re in for a treat because Tabetha closes the convo with the 5 top things to master when submitting designs to yarn companies and craft publishers. This is valuable advice that you can use in any of your professional endeavors.
“I’ve spent too long trying to make room for what I want, when, instead, I’ve needed to simply learn how to fit it into the ebb and flow of life as I live it now.”
– Tabetha Hedrick
- Tabetha remembers her first ugly sweater project. Don’t we all have one?
- A random meeting at McDonald’s sealed her destiny as a knitwear designer.
- How to go get what you want instead of waiting for opportunities to come to you.
- Diversification is essential to thrive as a knitwear designer.
- What led Tabetha to landing her role as Design Director of Sweet Georgia Yarns.
- How becoming a go-to person makes you invaluable as a designer.
- Grabbing the bull by the horns and luck led Tabetha to her role as Design Director of Sweet Georgia.
- Don’t wait for things to land in your lap. Create what you’re looking for.
- The trials and tribulations of working remotely and what helps Tabetha stay organized.
- Tabetha, the queen of organization shares tips for staying on top of tasks and deadlines!
Click Here to Join the Stitchucation Shawls 5-Day Challenge, Beginning April 10!
How to find out more about Tabetha:
Tabetha’s website: TabethaHedrick.com
Sweet Georgia Yarns: SweetGeorgiaYarns.com
Mentioned in this episode:
Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
Inkwell Press Planners: Inkwellpress.com
Stitcucation Shawls 5-Day Challenge. Sign up here!
Challenge special: enter Stitch10 at checkout to get 10% off Sweet Georgia Yarns
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links in this episode are affiliate links. I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase and there is no additional cost for you to do so. When I make a recommendation, it is because I have personal experience with these products and have used them myself. I only recommend products I believe in and suggest them because I know they will be helpful, not because of the small commission I make if you decide to make a purchase. The commission I earn helps offset the production expenses that I incur to produce Power Purls, and by purchasing products through these links, also helps you to become a supporter of this podcast and for that, I am truly grateful.
Opening music credit: The Ether Life by Macroform